As a lily in my Father's vast pond, I will reflect on HIS beautiful and solid Word that keeps me afloat!!

Precious gift of God's Word,
be encouraged by IT daily ~ breathe it, soak it in, and most of all LIVE IT!
The true test of Character is what you do and say when NO ONE is watching you!
(Because in truth ... the most important person always is!)



Friday, October 12, 2007

Waiting on the Lord ...

Pin It

~2 Corinthians 4:14-16 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. ~

WOW! Now Paul sure was a speaker of wondrous words, but they all came from truth, from the Holy Spirit and indeed how true it is.

I have found many around me and myself included being tested to the limits lately. I find myself constantly praying for sister and brothers who have fallen on hard times, be them financial, emotional, physical, or spiritual .... I myself am included in all of these.

I recently had an acquaintance ask me if I am indeed going through all of these hardships, why am I not losing my mind?

Well needless to mention that we are all human and human nature at it's weakest displays lack of faith constantly if not always during our toughest and heartbreaking trials ... BUT ..

We serve an Almighty God and though all may be black, although all may look dismal, although we may not see a solution ..... GOD DOES!

~2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.~

When we face these dark moments, these valley moments we are also faced with our own human weaknesses .... we are faced with the facts that we are NOT master's of our faith, life, and/or future! We are puddy in the potter's hands.

When these moments of weakness come ....

Where do we turn? Who do we call? -- GOD, our Father, the KING of kings, the GREAT "I AM"

Why do we call HIM? -- Because it was created in us to call out to HIM, we were created for the purpose of honoring, praising, and glorifying HIM!!! So when these "dark" moments come, our spirit naturally clings to it's Creator, it searches out that oneness that it needs .... we need HIM daily!

So I answered this young woman and said, "if it were not for my SAVIOUR I would have lost my mind a long time ago. If it were not for my LORD, I would have done things that you have not even ever thought about. If it were not for my KING, I'm sure I'd be in hell right now."
Now by this time the young woman's eyes were as big as a pluto!

She then asked me "so what does your Lord give you that you are not any of those things you mentioned?" .... ah! yes, just the question I had been waiting for eh?!

"Simply, .....

HE give me peace to endure the storms of life (John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.),

HE gives me strength (Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.),

He gives me joy (Psalms 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.),

He gives me grace (Romans 5:2 (KJV) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

He gives me hope (Psalms 71:5 (KJV) For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

He gives me happiness ( Psalms 146:5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:)

He gives me what I need (Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.)

He gives me wisdom (James 1:5 (KJV) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.)

He gives me rest ( Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.)

He gives me faith ( Matthew 17:20 (KJV) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.)

He gives me possibilities (Luke 18:27 (KJV) And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.)

He gives me trust ( Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.)

He gives me companionship (Deuteronomy 31:6 (KJV) Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.)

He gives me mercy ( Psalms 145:8 (KJV) The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.)

He gives me help ( Psalms 121:1-2 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. )

He gives me life ( Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

He gives me a home ( John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.)

He gives me Salvation ( John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.)

He gives me HIS return for me ( 1 Corinthians 1:7-8 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.)

He gives me many more things but by this time I had her full attention, but she did have to go (children and husband calling her) She did leave me with this "I believe this is the kind of gifts I need in my life" I jotted down some Scripture for her and she left, I have not talk to her since, but have heard from other aquiantances of mine, friends of her that her life is completely different!

PRAISE GOD! To HIM goes all the honor and glory!!!

All this to say, even though you have having a bad moment in life, going through a storm, sitting in the valley, and walking in darkness ... there is hope ....
Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Remember the Lord is not going to leave you, HE's gonna walk through it with you!
Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

May you feel renewed in the faith that our God is a mighty God, full of purpose for you and me and HE will guide us through this life.

May the Lord bless you richly and may you be at peace.

Faithfully in Christ,
AutiMama©2007

No comments: