As a lily in my Father's vast pond, I will reflect on HIS beautiful and solid Word that keeps me afloat!!

Precious gift of God's Word,
be encouraged by IT daily ~ breathe it, soak it in, and most of all LIVE IT!
The true test of Character is what you do and say when NO ONE is watching you!
(Because in truth ... the most important person always is!)



Saturday, October 13, 2007

Are you Benefiting?

Pin It

~Psalms 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.~

The Lord's Test

I woke up this morning
and knew that today,
The sun would not be shining
and the clouds would be gray.

As I stepped outside,
rain fell upon my head.
My car wouldn't start
so I walked to work instead.

I was late for all of my appointments
My day was such a mess.
I dropped my head in disgust
and asked the Lord
for one request.

"Lord, why is it that
things won't go my way?"
He gently replied,
"Dear child it is because
you didn't thank me yesterday.

I woke you up and enabled
you to see the sun again.
I gave you shelter,
protected your family, and even let
you make a new friend.

I blessed you far
greater than I ever had before.
But you were too busy
to thank me once more.

You didn't feel sick
because I maintained your health.
You had money in your pocket
because I maintained your wealth.

You had shoes on your feet
and clothes to wear, too.
You had plenty of food to eat,
and what did you do?

You ignored me and went
about your tasks.
But when you wanted something
you never hesitated to ask.

I was there when you needed me
and that wasn't too long ago.
But when things started going your way,
it was me you did not know.

As if that weren't enough,
I provided your favorite luxuries.
This was something I didn't have
to do-they weren't even necessities.

And when it was time to get on your
knees and show your gratitude,
You decided that after such a
fulfilling day, you weren't in the mood.

So I decided to
give you just a little test.
To show you how it would feel
to stop being blessed."

I began to realize what
the Lord was saying.
And when I got home,
I fell to my knees and started praying.

He said, "My child, you have
learned and you know I do forgive.
But remember to remember this day
as long as you shall live.

I love filling your life with joy,
and your pain I'll alleviate it.
But just a simple thank you would show
how much you appreciate it.
----------------------------------------

How very true this poem seems to be. Are you only asking God into your life when times are bad?
During those "mountain" top moments do you remember that it is the Almighty that is allowing such blessings in your life?
Or are you only aware of God's presence during your "valley" moments?

We need to understand as human beings we are not meant for constant "mountain top" moments .... for this very reason! We take for granted those moments and to add insult to injury we then take for granted the Author of our lives and Who in fact is responsible for such blessings that we are going through!

We must be informed that it is indeed God who ordains our lives and who is the Master of all things past, present and future.

The audacity to think that we ourselves can do anything without the Lord presence in our lives shows
"a" - we are most certainly selfish by sinful nature and
"b" - we are also lacking the basic knowledge and wisdom that would direct our lives, if in fact we would gives ourselves COMPLETELY to God!

It is important for us to treasure the "mountain top" moments, but it is as equily if not more important to also learn, treasure, and grow spiritually from our "valley" moments.

Lets not forget to appreciate God daily for HE gives us daily benefits that we most certainly don't deserve!

Faithfully in Christ,
AutiMama©2007

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Good evening dear one. Just took my meds and sat down at my puter after a very long and busy day, to read my Scripture that you leave me here each day. I noticed that my other comments haven't been posted, so I hope you got them, and this one as well. Thank you so much for all your hard work here. I really enjoy reading everything you post here. I hope to see you tomorrow. I plan on being here most of the day, unless Terri has tomorrow planned as well. LOL I love you! God bless! Hugssss for you and my lil grand angels! Love, hugs n prayers~Mum