As a lily in my Father's vast pond, I will reflect on HIS beautiful and solid Word that keeps me afloat!!

Precious gift of God's Word,
be encouraged by IT daily ~ breathe it, soak it in, and most of all LIVE IT!
The true test of Character is what you do and say when NO ONE is watching you!
(Because in truth ... the most important person always is!)



Friday, October 19, 2007

Abased and Abouding

Pin It

Philippians 4:12-13 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

In all things, whether we abound or are abased we are to be a grateful people.
We are fully instructed to be full and to be hungry, to abound and to suffer need.

I can not even begin to praise God for this verse that has help me and so many countless others.

This verse sets in stone the trials and joys to come! The good and the bad. How awesome to know that even through the sufferings (our valley moments) we also have a promise of joy, blessings, abouding in all goodness!

I shall follow my Lord where ever HE takes me as I know that no matter how much I suffer in this present temporal life, I will find joy also and will worship in the presense of my KING one day!

For now, while here on this earth, I resolve to give my whole heart, mind and soul to Jesus and let HIM guide me through all my trials (Isaiah 43:2) without complaining because I know that HE will not depart from my side or give me more than HE knows I am able to bear (1 Corinthians 10:13).
I will not ask "Lord, why is this happening?" instead I will ask "Father, what are you teaching me through this?

James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.


**What a wonderful book full of blessings, wisdom, instruction, suffering, gladness, and accountablitily is our Bible - God's Word.**

No comments: