As a lily in my Father's vast pond, I will reflect on HIS beautiful and solid Word that keeps me afloat!!

Precious gift of God's Word,
be encouraged by IT daily ~ breathe it, soak it in, and most of all LIVE IT!
The true test of Character is what you do and say when NO ONE is watching you!
(Because in truth ... the most important person always is!)



Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Vessel

Pin It




The Vessel
Your hands are upon me Lord,
As you mold me into what you desire me to be.
You have taken me from a lump of clay,
And formed me into something of beauty.

Through the work of your hands, Lord,
I am being fashioned into something that pleases your eye
And I know in order for my clay to be soft,
The works of the flesh must continue to die.

Through the trials of fire I am perfected,
And by the washing of the Word the clay is made clean.
I want to be able to shine for your Glory,
That through my life your cross will be seen.

May this vessel of clay glorify you,
Throughout each and every day.
For just as the scriptures have said in your Word
You are the Potter and I am the clay.

What an honor to be part of your collection,
Of all the vessels you have on your shelf.
You have taken something that was worthless,
And made me into something of great beauty and wealth.

For each and every one of your vessels
Was molded carefully by your hand.
And each vessel has a special purpose,
It is all part of your perfect plan.
---------------------------------------

When we come to the Potter, we need to surrender all to Him - all our cracks, our imperfections - and let him be the Master of the Pot.
Let Him mold us, make us the vessel of honor that he wants in these days when he's so marvelously pouring out his Spirit on His People.
Let him make us into an individual shining example of what we can be in Him, when we let him "model" us and get out of the realm of the flesh.

Faithfully in Christ,
Autimama©2007

No comments: